Bouldering is a modern make believe form of rock climbing. In simple terms, you can say it can be indoor climbing like in gyms or in outdoor camping spots. It gives you a feeling of doing actual rock climbing and good source of entertainment. If you are a beginner in the world of such enjoyable physical activity, then it will be helpful to know more about the wonderful newly adapted way of rock climbing.
General information about Bouldering:
Unlike rock climbing bouldering needs pads, not ropes to help you climb. The simple reason is that bouldering isn’t quite high like natural rock climbing. Most of the bouldering climbing spots is located near boulders or even on low height cliffs. It may be less or more than 15ft in height.
You may face less of problem while climbing the boulders, however first timers and even seasonal climbers feel the difficulty leaving them grasping for air. The risks may be less than the original rock climbing however it provides the same excitement and thrill, thus proves the best entertainment site for enthusiastic rock climbers in midst of town and cities.
This sport is gradually becoming popular due to varying beneficial reasons. In urban region where you won’t be able to enjoy natural rock climbing bouldering proves to be the best alternative. You can join a bouldering club or playground to enjoy climbing the heights.
The beneficial points of bouldering:
- People of any age and even kids can enjoy climbing as they are highly safe.
- Improves your physical well being and improves your motor skills.
- A great way to start your rock-climbing hobby. You get well trained to try climbing rocks at a height.
- Highly entertaining activity to enjoy with your friends and it is a safe way to enjoy outdoor activities.
Equipment required for bouldering:
- Indoor climbing: You won’t require any complicated tools. You need to have right fitting climbing shoes with good grip, crash pads and comfortable climbing dress.
- Outdoor bouldering: Many of them are situated in small cliffs, thus the height will be definitely more compared to indoor bouldering. In accordance to that you will be needing rope, harness and belay device to secure your climbing to next heighted spot.
Indoor bouldering can be done in any season however while climbing outdoor boulders best to avoid hot summer and rainy days. During summer, the rocks will be hot while in wet season they will be too slippery to hold perfectly.
Popular bouldering spots around the world:
You can visit Fontainebleau in France, Ticino in Switzerland, Bishop in California, Rock lands in South Africa and Ozark mountains in Arkansas. In these bouldering spots, you can enjoy all grade of climbing quite safe and greatly thrilling.
To know more in detail about Bouldering you can log on to websites of popular bouldering spots like https://blocshop.com/en/. While in Canada you can anytime visit their vast bouldering gym spot to enjoy and learn the climbing skill to help in future rock climbing. For many Canadians the bouldering gym has taught the first basic steps to climb benefitting numerous world popular rock climbers.